THE CASTON CHRONICLES

"Shall We Not Take the Adventure that Aslan Has Set Before Us?"

Monday, February 04, 2008

Super Bowl Party

The Castons are celebrating the Eli-led NY Giants 17-14 victory over the NE Patriots. We began the evening with a group of friends at Julie and Chri Melendez's home. At the end of the 3rd quarter we headed home just in time for the "fantastic finish." Here are a few pics from the evening.

Eli Manning getting ready to lead "the drive." And in case you didn't know, "the escape" and "the catch" are now officially (according to ESPN) "the greatest play in Super Bowl history."

Watching first half action. Who could have dreamed....?

The ladies in the other room. But back at home for the fourth quarter, Kristy bravely watched the final drive with our impassioned kids while I hid in my study. Schaeffer would run in to give me the play by play. Overcome with nerves, I couldn't watch "the drive" live. As an Ole Miss grad, I'm too used to being let down and fully expected NY to come up short.
Thankfully, I had the game recorded. :0)

No comments: